BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

!Restored: Uniform scale menu

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anybody else bothered by the fact that the scale menus in plotmaker and archicad are reversed. One increases in drawing scale the other decreases. I'm constantly looking in the wrong place for the correct scale.
Can we get the menus to match?
9 REPLIES 9
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Millard,

I am sorry, I don't understand what you are talking about???... scale menus???
::rk
Anonymous
Not applicable
Archicad scale menu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Plotmaker drawing scale menu
Plotmaker scale.jpg
__archiben
Booster
i'm more bothered that the scale button in the window status bar doesn't pop-up automatically - it displays a window with . . . . a pop-up list. graphisoft just love to wear out our mice with this and many many other similar instances on the UI . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Millard,

it doesn't seem to be a problem in metrics.
::rk
TomWaltz
Participant
i'm more bothered that the scale button in the window status bar doesn't pop-up automatically - it displays a window with . . . . a pop-up list. graphisoft just love to wear out our mice with this and many many other similar instances on the UI . . .
The only good thing about the pop-up is if you need a custom scale, but that could be limited to ONLY if you need a custom scale.
Tom Waltz
__archiben
Booster
TomWaltz wrote:
The only good thing about the pop-up is if you need a custom scale, but that could be limited to ONLY if you need a custom scale.
exactly - 'custom' is not an insurmountable problem for a pop-up list.

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Millard wrote:
Anybody else bothered by the fact that the scale menus in plotmaker and archicad are reversed. One increases in drawing scale the other decreases. I'm constantly looking in the wrong place for the correct scale.
Can we get the menus to match?
Millard:

Your screen shot from PlotMaker shows the pop up list for Title Types, not the scale (which can be seen in the lower right of the image). The order for the Title Types is the same as their order in the Title Types folder in the Navigator. The scale pop up lists in ArchiCAD and PlotMaker are in the same order.

Hope this helps.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks David,
That does help. I never thought about that it was just the list of title types that was out of order.
Learn and get certified!