BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

!Restored: What is the priority for Graphisoft?

Anonymous
Not applicable
As a user of AC11 who follows this site from time to time, it struck me that there is significant dissatisfaction with AC11.
Without spending hours referencing all those posts, may I generalize that there are two major camps:

Fix what we have so it works reliably and "as advertised" - or perhaps "as it should!"
Give us new functionality that we really need but still do not have, such as better 3d modelling tools (nurbs et al), a proper way to manage revisions, tools to visually build complex objects....etc etc

So, how about we send a message to Graphisoft about what is really important? As I cannot change poll headings, please vote as above (i.e. 1= Fix current software, 5= Add new features).

poll commenced Sept 2007
13 REPLIES 13
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
mate, as I can see you must have found 'some' of the beautiful features of the latest AC... yeees, I do sometimes explode and my vision is covered in a red mist imagining a doom-like game walking through the corridors of GS in Budapest with preferably heavy high-powered assault machine gun, emptying magazines to the very last cartridge.
I can promise you that I know about people who are talking to GS almost every day reminding them what is the actual purpose of their software.

So I would answer to your question about the priority for Graphisoft, and that is GS STOP BEING STUBBORN!
::rk
TomWaltz
Participant
Rob wrote:
So I would answer to your question about the priority for Graphisoft, and that is GS STOP BEING STUBBORN!
AMEN!
Tom Waltz
Eduardo Rolon
I would ADD:

keep it simple and flexible as a working concept
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
According to DG at the AC User Meeting in San Antonio, TX, in May:

Upgrade development consists of 10-15% code renovation, 15-20% technology advances, and 50% new features.

...for those who may care...
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
__archiben
Booster
Laura wrote:
Upgrade development consists of 10-15% code renovation, 15-20% technology advances, and 50% new features.

and the other 15-25%? stripping users of their last shreds of human dignity?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
TomWaltz
Participant
Laura wrote:
According to DG at the AC User Meeting in San Antonio, TX, in May:

Considering how few new features we got in AC11, that's a little scary
Tom Waltz
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
~/archiben wrote:
and the other 15-25%?
...perhaps this is why each upgrade is only 80% usable???
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
__archiben
Booster
Laura wrote:
...perhaps this is why each upgrade is only 80% usable???
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Tom Krowka
Booster
Make it usable.....I've had major problems with objects not converting since the latest AC11 upgrade. Lines stretching out miles in the elevations. Also, problems with text and pdf; text not showing up. My vote is to forget about the one year version schedule and concentrate on ironing out the bugs, otherwise........who needs this aggravation.

All was pretty good in AC 10. I've been so busy losing money on V11 that I have not had time to enjoy the new features.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Learn and get certified!