Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Restructuring the Wishes Section

Laci Neda
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear ArchiCAD Talkers,
In the past almost one year you have been very active on the wishes forum and generated a huge amount of wishes. I would like to thank you for this and encourage you to keep up this great work!

Due to the large amount of wishes we think it's time to give a structure to this forum and so we will organize the wishes into the following sections:

- User Interface
Visual appeal, Interactions (Navigate, Select, Edit, Input), User Interface Components...
- Construction
Modeling (Wall, Door, Window, Roof, Stair...), Favorites...
- Annotation
Label, Text, Dimension, Markers...
- Drafting
Any 2D tool what you need for drafting.
- Documentation
Plan, Section, Elevation, Schedule, Layouting...
- Cooperation
TeamWork, CAD Manager Tools, XREFs, Hotlinks...
- Publishing
Plot Control, Publishing, Import-Export (DXF/DWG, PDF...), IFC…
- Open ArchiCAD
GDL language and objects, API, Add-ons, Script…
- General
Any other not ArchiCAD related questions.

Let me introduce you to Balazs Simonyi from the ArchiCAD Design Team who will be doing this work in the next couple of weeks. Balazs is a Product Designer and from now on he will also be responsible to overview and actively participate in the wishes section.

Best Regards,
László Néda
Architect
Business Development Manager
GRAPHISOFT SE
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable
Why not put the word "Wish" at the beginning of the category so visually it can be located in the form?
Thanks,
Joseph Harouni
Red
Advocate
Maybe I want get confused now!
Thanks,
Red
i7 8700k
ROG Strix Z390-E MoBo
64gb RAM
EVGA GeForce GTX 2080
Not applicable
Laci wrote:
Dear ArchiCAD Talkers,
In the past almost one year you have been very active on the wishes forum and generated a huge amount of wishes. I would like to thank you for this and encourage you to keep up this great work!

Due to the large amount of wishes we think it's time to give a structure to this forum and so we will organize the wishes into the following sections:

- User Interface
- Construction
- Annotation
- Drafting
- Documentation
- Cooperation
- Publishing
- Open ArchiCAD
- General
Dear Laci Neda, you have omitted
" - ARCHICAD INTERNAL ORGANIZATION WISHES" I think that it can be very interesting for users and for Graphisoft.
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
" - ARCHICAD INTERNAL ORGANIZATION WISHES" I think that it can be very interesting for users and for Graphisoft.
could you be more specific, what type of wishes would you like to have this for?
::rk
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
one more thing SPINCODE, can you attach the AC version and OS you use, it is a sort of good manner on this forum.
::rk
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rob wrote:
could you be more specific, what type of wishes would you like to have this for?
What about My wishes:

1. about Open-GL improvement
(http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=18457)

2. Wish To have ability to build and edit any 3D objects (from Archicads building elements, and something like profiler) in ANY VIEW or ANY SECTION
I wish to draw a hole in the wall ON FACADE window, I want to draw specific windows on the facades, and make them Library parts, later.
It must be ability of archicad itself,
not a PLUGIN, like (http://www.encina.co.uk/objective.html)

3. What about to eliminate Plotmaker's convertion of 2D windows to some
internal plotmaker 2D format. It takes too many time! I wish to have AutoCad's Like Models view through Paper Space portals.

4. Make Materials more Categorized, (Folders and Subfolders like objects in AC library), and make a Rendered spheres on each materials in materials list to make choice of it more intuitive.

5. The same is with HATCHES: Make HATCHES more Categorized, (Folders and Subfolders), and make a BIG VECTORIAL SAMPLES of each hatch in list to make choice of it more intuitive.

6. Wish to have ability to enlarge intellectual cursor, and have ability to finetune it, Load different shapes, like mouse cursor in WINDOWS.

7. BIG WHISH (for AC 19, or AC 34)
to change internal surface engine, from polygonal to NURBs.
(like in Rhino3D, Like in 3DMAX, SolidWorks, SolidEdge, ...)

========== GDL

8. wish to have ability to make GDL objects, with multitext string variables,
and quick ability to edit this text, like ID field, and multitext in Archicad Label Tool

and so on...
to be continued...

AC10
Intel(R) Core(TM) 2CPU
6300 1,86 GHz,
1 GB Ram, 120 GB HDD
Windows XP SP2
TomWaltz
Participant
those all fall into another wish category. Why do we need a new category for them?
Tom Waltz