Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Restructuring the Wishes Section

Laci Neda
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear ArchiCAD Talkers,
In the past almost one year you have been very active on the wishes forum and generated a huge amount of wishes. I would like to thank you for this and encourage you to keep up this great work!

Due to the large amount of wishes we think it's time to give a structure to this forum and so we will organize the wishes into the following sections:

- User Interface
Visual appeal, Interactions (Navigate, Select, Edit, Input), User Interface Components...
- Construction
Modeling (Wall, Door, Window, Roof, Stair...), Favorites...
- Annotation
Label, Text, Dimension, Markers...
- Drafting
Any 2D tool what you need for drafting.
- Documentation
Plan, Section, Elevation, Schedule, Layouting...
- Cooperation
TeamWork, CAD Manager Tools, XREFs, Hotlinks...
- Publishing
Plot Control, Publishing, Import-Export (DXF/DWG, PDF...), IFC…
- Open ArchiCAD
GDL language and objects, API, Add-ons, Script…
- General
Any other not ArchiCAD related questions.

Let me introduce you to Balazs Simonyi from the ArchiCAD Design Team who will be doing this work in the next couple of weeks. Balazs is a Product Designer and from now on he will also be responsible to overview and actively participate in the wishes section.

Best Regards,
László Néda
Architect
Business Development Manager
GRAPHISOFT SE
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried to reconstruct some of the polls before this post came up.
So by my mistake
the "you top 10 wishes for walls" poll did not move because i have already made a similar topic on the wish forum. I fyou could delete the new, and move the old one i would be very glad. Of course if this is possible..

Thx and sorry for any trouble.

Kostas
Balazs Simonyi
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
oreopoulos wrote:
I tried to reconstruct some of the polls before this post came up.
So by my mistake
the "you top 10 wishes for walls" poll did not move because i have already made a similar topic on the wish forum. I fyou could delete the new, and move the old one i would be very glad. Of course if this is possible..
Kostas
Hi!

It's no problem! We can solve it
And thanks for Your activity! We appreciate it!

Best regards
Balazs
Karl Ottenstein
oreopoulos wrote:
ISo by my mistake
the "you top 10 wishes for walls" poll did not move...
Actually, Kostas, I think these "top 10 wishes" become hard to vote for and could be of little value to product design. I never vote in these polls because it is never clear what you are voting for ... so many different 'top 10' things are discussed.

Having one concept-per-wish, with a poll, is easy to discuss and vote for ... and of course the top 10 are the top 10 vote getters. I like keeping the wishes focused ... and feel it is more likely that a clear message will reach GS if we do so.

What do you think, Balazs?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:

Actually, Kostas, I think these "top 10 wishes" become hard to vote for and could be of little value to product design.
Karl
I think that in the current format of wishes your are right.
There is no reason to sum things up.
I posted that to sum things up because wishes did become a haos.
But in the current state i must agree with you, until we are proven wrong !
Balazs Simonyi
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Karl wrote:
Having one concept-per-wish, with a poll, is easy to discuss and vote for ... and of course the top 10 are the top 10 vote getters. I like keeping the wishes focused ... and feel it is more likely that a clear message will reach GS if we do so.
What do you think, Balazs?
Karl
Hi!

I think both of You are right! But it's easier to manage and focus on one wish per topic.
I was also thinking about separating this "top tens", and I did with favorites. If You guys help me to post one wish per topic, You make my life easier, because I'm going to move the most popular wishes to our wishlist database. Thanks!
And all of Your comments about the new separation of wishes are welcome!

Balazs
Aussie John
Newcomer
I wonder if a database summary of the wishes could be published so we can see what has been requested already. That way less likely to get duplicates or misses. As mentioned many wishes are often discussed in the one thread making it hard to vote and maybe these need to be revisited.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Balazs,

I just read a wish via the 'messages since last logged in' search, and was at first a little confused as was another user there because the names of the new wish forums do not convey the fact that they are wish forums ... we only know that from looking at the Index page.

So, a meta-wish is: perhaps each of the new "wish" forums could have " Wishes" appended to the name so that it is clear when searching/etc that it is indeed a wish and not discussion forum. So, instead of the forum being "Publishing" it would be: "Publishing Wishes". etc.

Otherwise, I like the new organization!

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
So, instead of the forum being "Publishing" it would be: "Publishing Wishes". etc.
Karl
Yes yes yes.
Karl, am I ill. I agree for a second time in a row
Balazs Simonyi
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Karl wrote:
So, a meta-wish is: perhaps each of the new "wish" forums could have " Wishes" appended to the name so that it is clear when searching/etc that it is indeed a wish and not discussion forum. So, instead of the forum being "Publishing" it would be: "Publishing Wishes". etc.
Karl
Hi!

Thanks Karl, good idea!
I will ask our forum programmer to rename it as soon as possible, or find an other solution somehow

Balazs