Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Righ click onCust. Prof.w/option to open its editing window

Erika Epstein
Booster
So many times while working when I want to edit a selected custom profile I wish I could right-click and have the option to open its editing window.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Or at least Inherit Properties, then when you open Profile Manager the correct profile is already selected (as is sometimes the case with Materials).
Anonymous
Not applicable
Fantastic idea, Erika!

I keep thinking having 'Edit Selected Profile' in the right-click menu would save time and be much more convenient. Also no names to remember and search for in the (long) list of possible profiles. 'Capture Profile of Selection' is there already, why not another option?

It feels like another example of GS not fully thinking through the implementation of a tool!

Another example that annoys me, why is it when storing the name of a new profile, you can't see the list of existing ones so a) you don't call it a name that already exists, so avoiding the ever-so-useful popup box that tells you that, and b) so you can keep the naming convention consistent with other existing profiles! Every other computer program ever invented in the whole of the universe lets you see the names of existing files when saving a new version!

Grrr!