Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Roof Pivot Orientation

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
I wish the Roof Pivot direction could be obtained and used in GDL. I currently have a LABEL that reads the roof slope and displays and pitch arrow, but there is no parameter to tell it to rotate to be perpendicular the pivot line.

I don't expect many votes here, but would be handy. (I'd actually give the object away if GS could update the GDL spec)
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
16 REPLIES 16
TomWaltz
Participant
You're right, that is an annoying limitation. I wrote a label to pick up slope, but it still has to be rotated to face the right way.
Tom Waltz
Erika Epstein
Booster
I have one that is a roof accessory that automatically aligns with the slope. I got it here on architalk several years ago.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Erika wrote:
I have one that is a roof accessory that automatically aligns with the slope. I got it here on architalk several years ago.
Right technology; not so good looking part. I am working to upgrade the graphics and add some features... I'll try and post back here.

Thanks Erika!

Duane
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Erika Epstein
Booster
Looking forward to the new and improved version!
Thanks Duane
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
RandyC
Advocate
Bringing this old thread back , I have made a label that changes between plan view and elevation view - gives roof pitch in degrees & slope etc.

Uses Arrow in plan to mark direction of slope and no arrow in elevation view

I made a "flip" parameter in Elevation because I cannot find a way to sense
the direction of the roof has anyone ever discovered a way ?
label attatched.
ArchiCAD 4.5 --- 27 , Win 10 , dual monitors, 64 gb ram,Nvidia GeforceRTX 2080 TI, I-9
Thanks Randy!

I hadn't gone looking for roof anatomy after discovering that roof element edges were given proper names and that these names were definable.

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-18-int-reference-guide/views-of-the-virtual-buildin...

proper roof nomenclature is essential for use with tools like Cadimage coverings.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
RandyC
Advocate
Thanks Aaron - I checked out all of the shellbase_ commands
but none of them give direction or angle so cannot figure how they can help.
ArchiCAD 4.5 --- 27 , Win 10 , dual monitors, 64 gb ram,Nvidia GeforceRTX 2080 TI, I-9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Randy, that symbol is great but could you make it work for us metric users please.
RandyC
Advocate
there is a switch that allows it to display degrees instead of slope , did you have another way that you want it displayed ? Not sure what you do in your country.

Randy