BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Roof Pivot Orientation

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
I wish the Roof Pivot direction could be obtained and used in GDL. I currently have a LABEL that reads the roof slope and displays and pitch arrow, but there is no parameter to tell it to rotate to be perpendicular the pivot line.

I don't expect many votes here, but would be handy. (I'd actually give the object away if GS could update the GDL spec)
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi randy, yes I can switch to decimal degrees, but the area displays in imperial inches only
RandyC
Advocate
Label with switch for metric - imperial
Randy
ArchiCAD 4.5 --- 27 , Win 10 , dual monitors, 64 gb ram,Nvidia GeforceRTX 2080 TI, I-9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Randy
Thanks,
I really appreciate it, I know I will be using it on most jobs!
The problem for me is that it's a label.

I like what it does but I am already using labels to display roof ID. I want to match up the roof surface in the roof plan with the roof ID in the schedules which also shows area, length of hips, ridge, valley, etc...

Is there another way to show a roof ID than with a label?
2015-03-14_10-03-29.png

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
RandyC wrote:
there is a switch that allows it to display degrees instead of slope , did you have another way that you want it displayed ? Not sure what you do in your country.

Randy
Hi, is there any way to display slope in percentage values?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika wrote:
Looking forward to the new and improved version!
Thanks Duane
Hi Erika,

Just wondering how to associate this object with the roof slope...what is your method?
Thanks
vdentello
Advocate
I've tried to solve this issue a while ago, without success.

The trouble is that the parameter that reads the roof orientation line is only accessible with "Roof Acessories", it adds a custom parameter that is called "ac_ref_coords", which consists in a matrix that reads x0, y0, x1 and y1, through wich is possible to define the angle.

The problem is that this is not a standard, that way it cannot be found in a standard tag and rotated, i could add this as an acessory, but, that would only allow me to add 1 object at a single floor, which wouldn't help much.

To show percentage is about using the result of "tan (ROOF_ANGLE)*100".
Archicad User Since 2013
GDL Developer
Experimenting with API
from Brazil
Learn and get certified!