BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Rotate 180°

Djordje
Ace
PlotMaker should have Rotate 180° option.

Reason? Binding edge for landscape A3 is the left one. Bigger printer margin is always the right one.

Oh, yes ... print to PDF, rotate all pages in Acrobat 180°, print. No, thanks. AutoCAD has this for donkey's years!
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
PlotMaker should have Rotate 180° option... AutoCAD has this for donkey's years!
Djordje,

You've been wishing this for donkey's years too! C'mon - if you can't get a wish to come true what hope is there for us mortals? :?:

Balazs where are you?

- Stuart
Karl Ottenstein
I must not be understanding, Djorjde... I've always been able to use the 'positioning' buttons (screenshot) in the print dialog to shift the content so that I put the widest margin on my binding edge. But I am printing ... maybe you are plotting and it behaves differently?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl;

On our quality A3 (11"x17") printer (HP10ps) the printer's physical printing limits are 3mm (1/8") at left, bottom & top, with a 12mm (1/2") margin at the right.

To achieve an equal (blank) border on all four sides we adjust all margins to 12mm. This means that we're actually 'losing' about 8% of our output area.

- Stuart

PS. In 'word', 'excel' etc we almost always use a right margin of 10mm (3/8") but a left margin of 20mm (3/4") to allow for binding / hole-punching.
Djordje
Ace
Karl wrote:
I must not be understanding, Djorjde... I've always been able to use the 'positioning' buttons (screenshot) in the print dialog to shift the content so that I put the widest margin on my binding edge. But I am printing ... maybe you are plotting and it behaves differently?
I am definitely not plotting

Read Stuart's explanation.

DIN standard: margin is 25mm on the left, 5mm top, right and bottom.

Can't be done without rotating 180°, as the printer's physical margin on the right is 13mm.

In the old PlotMakers, you also could rotate the whole layout/multisheet layout by 180° and all was well. Can't do that any more.
Djordje

HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
A picture is worth a thousand words

'A' is what we do at the present, achieving a 'wide' RHS margin and equal margins on the other three sides.

'B' is what me, Djordje (and presumably others?) would prefer to be able to do via plotmaker. No - not by rotating the Master Layout 180 degrees (this creates real neck-ache! but by specifiying that the printed output is rotated 180 degrees.

Balazs??

- Stuart
example.jpg
Karl Ottenstein
StuartJames wrote:
On our quality A3 (11"x17") printer (HP10ps) the printer's physical printing limits are 3mm (1/8") at left, bottom & top, with a 12mm (1/2") margin at the right.
OK guys. Now I'm with you. (I don't have that issue, but have seen the asymmetric margin issue on other printers.)

So, yes, I agree with your wish now that I understand it! 😉

Thanks for clarifying!

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Djordje
Ace
Karl wrote:
OK guys. Now I'm with you. (I don't have that issue, but have seen the asymmetric margin issue on other printers.)
Which printer?
Karl wrote:
So, yes, I agree with your wish now that I understand it! 😉
Well, as it is, it is perfect for Arabic ... if I used it ...
Djordje

HP Omen
one more issue to add to the mix,

The HP500 series printer driver - for example - changes the printable area values for a D-size sheet depending on the paper roll width. A 36" roll of paper has a different usable area value from that of the 24" sheet. Very frustratng for those assigned the task of "standardizing" operations...,
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Learn and get certified!