BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Rotate in 3d

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's another one that I think is essential and reflects the ease of use that Archicad markets. How bout the ability to rotate objects in 3D? It would be great if I can rotate a slab or a zone about an axis point at a specific angle. this would be much easier than the current method.

Of course I can use the roof tool but the problem with that is that when the roof rotate it does so vertically thus distorting the elevation view.
5 REPLIES 5
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
jorgec wrote:
How bout the ability to rotate objects in 3D? It would be great if I can rotate a slab or a zone about an axis point at a specific angle. this would be much easier than the current method.
Use OBJECTiVE. This tool will rotate any GDL object with a 3D body (in plan or section/elevations windows). It also comes with tools to make your own (3D rotatable) objects from slabs/roofs. Take a look at http://www.encina.co.uk/objective.html
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
essential.. rotating slabs etc, in teh Z would be good with out having to use and add on
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can always use the free library part rotator.gsm

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/object_depository.php?browse=Depository/Archicad%20Modules

It´s not a plugin and it´s free, works beautifully.
Anonymous
Not applicable
hey how do you go about using the rotator ?
Anonymous
Not applicable
When opening the parameters tab of the rotator object u just need to enter the library part name of the object u need to rotate in the "Name of library part to rotate" parameter field.
Note that u wont have the original parameters of the rotated object when using the rotator.gsm so u will always need to save a new gsm object from the original in order to rotate with different parameters from the library default.

The OBJECTiVE rotation tool has the advantage of keeping the original parameters of the object (it makes the workflow much more dynamic).
With the rotator you cannot rotate slabs, roofs, beams,... but you can save
any of these elements as .gsm objects and then rotate them.
Hope it explains how it works. 😉
Learn and get certified!