Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Rotate tool

Mauhaus
Contributor
I wish the rotate tool could lock to any plane by hovering and activating for instance with the shift key. When modelling morphs as a part of making special furniture I always find it a bit annoying, that I have to use the right-click menu and travel downwards the menu to find editing plane > pick plane, -and still the rotate tool doesn't always respect the plane and sometimes it aligns to a seemingly random geometry-face, irrelevant to the rotate command I wish to execute.
Maybe there is a one-click or shortcut to this operation?
If there isn't I would really wish for this feature in a future version of AC.

Best wishes
Thomas
Thomas Mau

AC25 INT Denmark

www.mauhaus.dk

iMac Retina 5K 27" 2017 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7 - 40 Gb 2400 MHz DDR4 ram - OSX 10.12.6 - Radeon Pro 580 8192 mb

The world has enough for everyone's need, but not for everyone's greed - Mahatma Gandhi
1 REPLY 1
Mauhaus
Contributor
OK, got it now.
I found out, that if you hold and click with the rotate tool activated, you're able to define any reference angle. Maybe I should just read the whole tool feed back help-line 😉
Thomas Mau

AC25 INT Denmark

www.mauhaus.dk

iMac Retina 5K 27" 2017 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7 - 40 Gb 2400 MHz DDR4 ram - OSX 10.12.6 - Radeon Pro 580 8192 mb

The world has enough for everyone's need, but not for everyone's greed - Mahatma Gandhi