BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

SCALING THE MODEL IN THE 3D WINDOW

Anonymous
Not applicable
It seems to me that archicad should have as a feature, the ability to scale building elements in the 3d window. I know that it is possible to have a flexible section projection in the section/elevation windows, that the user moves around to cut through any desired project position/detail, but there are always times when this technique is simply too cumbersome,especially in the earlier design stages. It would be a great improvement if the edges of tool elements and the extremities of library parts where alive to the arrow cursor passing over them and snapping to the actual edge or point . This only need to apply to the simple projection algorithms, and not to the perspective or axonometric projections.

Library parts could be written with 3d hotspots, ie., where in object space , they would have x,y,z co-ordinates relative to the object origin.
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not quite sure what you mean. If I understand correctly most of what you want is already available.

Reference edges and all nodes of the basic elements (wall, slab, roof, etc.) are detectable in 3D and library parts have as many nodes as the programmer wants to give them (no 3D edges yet though). It is not complete and sometimes doesn't work perfectly requiring a change of view) but it's pretty good. Distances and dimensions of things can be measured by moving the origin around the same as in plan.

Or did I misunderstand?
Learn and get certified!