Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

SCHEDULE CELL Merging??

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
I would like the SCHEDULE environment to be able to MERGE "cells" like the LAYOUT cells do already.

When creating a GRAPHIC door or window schedule, seems like there's always a window that's 1'6" wide and one that's 12' wide... It is visually awkward to have a cell that is mostly blank or one where a window overhangs the neighboring cells.

I'm just thinking of how the LAYOUT with a GRID can essentially merge cells when a drawing is larger than one cell... Maybe that technology can be ported to schedules.

I'm guessing this could only be in ONE DIRECTION (depending if you choose Column or Row orientation)...

This would allow me to keep all graphics IN SCALE...

I understand that we can MANUALLY STRETCH any given "column" to fit, but it is NOT PRECISE enough... For example, I would want the schedule view placed on a layout to ALWAYS align... So each cell would need to be forced to a module (1x, 2x, etc)... Now, you have to visually stretch (can't type a specific width) and it always jumps to an ODD dimension...

Anyway, just a thought.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
vfrontiers wrote:
Now, you have to visually stretch (can't type a specific width)

Click on the "..." button top left of the schedule.
Then you can type in the size for any row or column.

Double clicking the little black stretchy bars automatically sizes them to fit the information.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Thank Barry... but that doesn't solve my issue...

If Window A is 1'-6" and Window B is 12' wide, I'd like to have my "base module" for cells set to say 3'... Then Window A would occupy 1 cel and window B would occupy 5 cells...

Using the "..." sets the width of ALL COLUMNs.. not just the one you're in... I can STRETCH them using the ruler, but again, not EXACTLY...

Then, like the LAYOUT GRID SYSTEM... I'd like to ALWAYS have the lines line up on the page...

If you think I'm missing something, I'm willing to listen...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Barry Kelly
So you are trying to do something like this?

Double clicking the adjuster bar won't be to any 'module' size but it will adjust the size automatically to fit the text or image size (whichever is larger).
You can only get an exact 'module' size if you type in the cell width by clicking the '...' button and typing it yourself.

Barry.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Barry Kelly
I am not sure if 'Working Units' has anything to do with it, but I am set to millimetres and can adjust the cell width by dragging to 1mm increments.
So to adjust to a 'module' size is quite easy.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Barry,

Yes, I knew about the excel type column adjustments... But when you said that using MM as the working unit... I gave that a shot... It did allow me to keep the adjustments to a CLEAN increment..

Thanks!

(Though I'd still like to have the MODULAR approach!)
Duane

Visual Frontiers