Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

SEO Priority Overrides Building Material Priority

NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
This is based off the conversation from this post: Post subject: SEO's, Intersect Priorities and Layer priorities

Often enough one will want to use a Solid Element Operation only to find it is not working. The reason for it? In current versions of ArchiCAD (17,18,19) the Building Material Priority overrides the SEO with no option to control otherwise. A checkbox which gives the option to have the SEO override the Building Material Priorities should be present to allow the user to decide which mechanism overrides the other.
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I wrote a bit of explanation in the other thread about how and why this works the way it does:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=243812#243812

Honestly, it seems to me like a lot of the basic premises of PBC would have to be changed in order for this to work.
On the other hand, as an architect I would like my architectural application to provide me as much flexibility as possible, so I would like to be able to determine, if needed, how elements intersect - if needed, on an individual intersection basis.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
James Badcock also mentioned a good point in a tweet:

https://twitter.com/JRPBadcock/status/616181976853282816

Yes, PBC is skin-based and SEO is only element based, which further complicates things as far as the possible implementation of this wish is concerned.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27