Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

SEO enhancements

alemanda
Advocate
It would be very useful to add a function to allow to temporary see/unlock the hidden elements which takes part into a SEO

This would be a time saver.
In fact manytime we need to adjust the SEO operator which is almost always in a hidden layer and we need to make it visible ... but we need only few elements ... so it would be very useful to see just those elements just for editing ...
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Agree!
And again this and a lot others things falls into the same idea of having a quick and simple system to show/hide, elements per view temporary/permanent. So far this is only dependent on the layer system.
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=51595

We have great features already in ARCHICAD but this is missing, this will save hours of work per project.
Anonymous
Not applicable
So.. this temporary view option would be to... like show all the layer? You can do it. Ctrl+L show all layer.

Please don't make Revit from Archicad. Hiding random stuff is a big headache in revit. Have you seen the 33 tips to find an element hidden in view? That kind craziness happening when you give people the option to hide random stuff with no system.

If I need to highlight one revit function missing from archicad is the Plan region where you can overwrite the view depth in a selected area. We could have a topic on this
alemanda
Advocate
It's just for the time of editing.
Hiding single items with no Criterium will take to an uncontrolled model...
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
Anonymous
Not applicable
Of course we will need a system for hide/show elements.
Is not about making ARCHICAD to Revit, never, none of that.
Is just having an system to show/hide elements besides layers per view, temporary or permanent. Which is really needed in AC.

Turning all layers on is what I do in some cases, but sometime it turns on elements that interfere in my editing operation, then I have to turn that layer off, etc. BTW, I think that it will be a good Idea having the turn on all layer in the quick layers palette will be handy, that way after finishing whatever we are doing with all the layers on, we can just undo the turn on all layers.

PD: I am not a fan of a software that will give you 25 errors for one simple action you make.
Anonymous
Not applicable
In the settings you will find the show all layers button can be shown on any toolbar or you can assign a hotkey if you want. To return back you have to double click on the tab and archiad will reload the current view with the view settings. It is almost like show/hide all layers.

Off: the warnings in general not a bad thing in revit and many times a very good way to find stuff slowing down your model. The kind of warnings revit is giving you sometimes... OMG. That is dumb. My favorite is that you are getting warnings on not placed groups (like hotlinks in AC) and the software cannot tell you where are the elements causing the warning
Lingwisyer
Guru
That would be nice. You select an object that has had a SOE applied to it, and you'd have the ability to toggle an editable wireframe/ghost of all elements involved even if they are on a hidden layer. I had one model where I had to have multiple SOE layers as SOEs for different objects were covering each other making it next to impossible to edit them...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660