BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Save rendering settings among ALL projects

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Seems TEDIOUS to go setup a rendering SCENE for one project, then have to EXPORT and IMPORT into another project..

Would be nice if this were a more global default? Maybe part of the LOADED LIBRARIES...

I also feel the same about SCHEDULES...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think you do these things in Template Files, no? Whenever there is a Library or Rendering Scene or Schedule Settings you wish in all your Projects (actually this applies to any settings that can be exported/imported), you should import these settings into your Template File and then all your later Projects will have that setting.
Would that be a solution for you?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
laszlonagy wrote:
I think you do these things in Template Files, no? Whenever there is a Library or Rendering Scene or Schedule Settings you wish in all your Projects (actually this applies to any settings that can be exported/imported), you should import these settings into your Template File and then all your later Projects will have that setting.
Would that be a solution for you?
True and good... but there's also BACK TRACKING to projects PREVIOUS to setting my killer rendering scheme...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, it needs to be done as well for ongoing projects. Can be a bit time-consuming if there are many. So for those I would do the import only if and when it is actually needed.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!