BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Saving .pln's and Images (going through file tree each time)

Anonymous
Not applicable
When multiple .pln files are open and because they are each in a separate instance of Archicad, I wish that each separate instance of Archicad would remember the file path that each instance used to save that file to the appropriate file location. Rather than having to go through the file tree search each time for each unique instance of .pln save (when toggling between different project AC instances).

And, the same when saving image files of 3D views of a unique .pln instance; for each separate view, again it requires selecting through the folder tree to find the folder to save each file view of the 3D image.

Or, is there a setting that I can engage to allow this, that I am not yet aware of?
2 REPLIES 2
Stress Co_
Advisor
46cruisair wrote:
I wish that each separate instance of Archicad would remember the file path that each instance used to save that file to the appropriate file location. Rather than having to go through the file tree search each time for each unique instance of .pln save (when toggling between different project AC instances).
Are you using "Save" or "Save as" ?
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
"SAVE AS", for saving the file (image or pln file) to a new unique name.
Learn and get certified!