BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Scalable fills

Anonymous
Not applicable
It would be nice if fills were scalable while or after they are placed. This would reduce the number of fills we would need to have since one fill could be scaled to any size without effecting other objects that are using the same fill. This of corse would introduce another variable in many of the dialog boxes.
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
This would be an improvement and would save us all time by not having to create a new fill every time you need a different scale, I voted it as important but I think I should have upped it to essential.

Of the three other CAD packages I have used all of them have this option, why not Archicad too.

I have to add that selecting fills is a night marish activity as the silly little boxes which do not really resemble the patterns are well, just plain silly and too small.

Roolio
Anonymous
Not applicable
Roolio wrote:
This would be an improvement and would save us all time by not having to create a new fill every time you need a different scale, I voted it as important but I think I should have upped it to essential.

Of the three other CAD packages I have used all of them have this option, why not Archicad too.
I have also voted for this as important ("essential" I save for truly critical features). I feel it is also important that the scalability be optional under the settings for each fill. Some fills represent very specific items (block & brick sizes for example) and others are graphic standards, and so should not be easily scaled to incorrect sizes.
I have to add that selecting fills is a night marish activity as the silly little boxes which do not really resemble the patterns are well, just plain silly and too small.

Roolio
Agreed! It's time to dump the dual nature of the fills all together. A fill should either be bitmap (like the solid and empty fills) or vector. The ridiculous 8x8 pixel previews should be eliminated in favor of proxies of the vector fills in the pop-up instead. An enlarged preview while selecting would be nice too.

Now I'm starting to get visions of a Grand Unified Fill Theory to include textures and rendering in various views, but this is too much to think about at this late hour.
__archiben
Booster
i was just about to start a new topic before i did the search that found this.

i'm not sure if i'm understanding 100%, but what i'd like to see are scale-sensitive fills for their information content. for example: at 1:100 i don't want to see mortar joints in brick and block bonds, but this is essential at smaller scales - in elevation and section; also overlapping sheets and sidings; etc...

is this what you mean?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
__archiben
Booster
Matthew wrote:
Roolio wrote:

Roolio
Agreed! It's time to dump the dual nature of the fills all together. A fill should either be bitmap (like the solid and empty fills) or vector. The ridiculous 8x8 pixel previews should be eliminated in favor of proxies of the vector fills in the pop-up instead. An enlarged preview while selecting would be nice too.
right! and stop squashing them all up together in a heap: clearly organised . . . with names.
Matthew wrote:
Now I'm starting to get visions of a Grand Unified Fill Theory to include textures and rendering in various views, but this is too much to think about at this late hour.
looking forward to it matthew . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Rakela Raul
Participant
i had that problem already, great wish
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Balazs Simonyi
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Already added to wishlist as
"Scale dependent VB elements"

Balazs
owen
Newcomer
Balazs wrote:
Already added to wishlist as
"Scale dependent VB elements"

Balazs
Such a great feature .. so how has this been going these last 3 years, any chance of this making it into AC12?
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes PLEASE - this would have been so much more useful than the 'Distorted Gills' feature

KEITH

Archicad 11 on Mac OSX 10.4.8
owen
Newcomer
Just to be clear I am refering Bens post (the ability to have fills change appearance dependent on scale) which is different to the original topic.

I'm now wondering what is on the wishlist under Balzas "Scale dependent VB elements"?

Another example of why the official 'GS Wishlist' should be available for review by its users, and if necessary clarification moderated via these forums
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Learn and get certified!