Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Schedule Schemes Managed From a Library

I'm working with a spec/production builder looking to build 550 housing units this year.

We've created a fair template and are looking at tighter integration with the purchasing/estimating department.

The current behaviour of Interactive Schedules is painfully inadequate as there is no way to manage individual schemes outside of a single project file.

The workaround to this lack of manageability is to construct an "estimating garage", a black box to hotlink projects into and then produce reports. This is only a short term solution because while we can configure and fine tune the interactive schedules themselves, they lose their capacity for interaction because of the hotlinking.

I have found no way to create, revise and manage schedules for deployment across the enterprise. In an architectural practice where one-off design is the norm, I would find this problematic: in an enterprise with an inventory of 75+ standard plans for single family and multi family houses used in the construction of 500+ buildings a year, it's downright unworkable.

If schedules behaved like library parts and were managed and deployed from a collection of schedules, life would be a lot better.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
Don't forget you can import and export schedules from your scheme settings dialogue.
Not much of a better option than your hotlinking as it doesn't update existing schedules but simply creates a new one so you will need to re-link them in the layouts.
It would be nice to have a central source that when updated would apply to all jobs.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Barry, I've been trying to do this, but I've:

a) been sloppy about version control (my fault)
b) looking for consistent behaviour across 75 different, but related buildings is nasty.

I will try and be more consistent in teh way I name schemes and keep them organized for importing and re-importing.

I note here, too that a new version of an old scheme is not overwritten, but rather renamed, retaining both the old and new.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1