BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Schedule Text Rotate

Johann_P
Advocate

Is there a way to rotate the text in cell of a schedule?

Archi146.jpg

ArchiCAD24 - since Nov 2020
Revit - 2005 to 2020
Windows 10 Pro
2 screens: nvidia quadro RTX 4000
6 REPLIES 6

no.  but you could - if desperate enough - make a pseudo schedule with fills, text, lines.... and place it over rotated schedule, or over duplicate but rotated schedules one rotated one not.  It would have to be a desperate situation 🙂   Export the schedule to XL, tweak, display as .pdf.  

And example of the first silly idea is something I did once in order for interactive data to fit the ResCheck app.   Copied the page, cut holes in it, adjusted the Interactive Schedule so the data would fit the template/page.  Not worth the effort 🙂 

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Hi Johann, in ordinary Archicad schedules you can’t rotate the text but you can do it in Excel.

AC 27 INT 5003/WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB
4dProof
Advisor

no, it's one of those things where the tool has limits and we just need to find a balance between what the software does well and it's limited ability to meet graphic/layout proclivities... I always figure I will sacrifice issues of graphic appearances as long as I don't have to sacrifice design/documentation flexibility

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2

Not rotated, but you can get it vertical.

R >keep hitting the space bar until you get to the far side of the schedule cell

O

O

M

N

O

Not very pretty, but vertical

David

AC 19-24 Windows 10 64 bit, Dell Prercision 7820, Xeon Silver 2414R ( 12 Cores), 64 GB Ram, Quadro RTX 4000 8GB
DGSketcher
Legend

As you are clearly happy with "W x H Size" then consider consolidating ROOM NO. to...

Room No.

Rm No.

Room

Rm#

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
ryejuan
Advisor

Another wish is like allow you to be able to use formulas in the table like divide multiply etc. instead of pushing the info in excel. Also color coding the rows and columns it will be really useful in my opinion. 😁

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards
Learn and get certified!