Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Schedule filter conformance with output

Anonymous
Not applicable
Doors and Windows have no layer but the layer of the wall containing them. So Layer is not one of the possible filter criteria in reporting doors and windows. Yet Layer is one of the outputs. Why not have it as a filter possibility too?

A schedule can use Cut Fill Pen # as a filter but does not offer that as an output column.

A schedule can show the space number a person or piece of equipment is in, but cannot show the sq ft area it names.

While this can be done through SQL, how many are using the SQL connection? These capabilities might be added to the scheduling capability.
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
didrik wrote:
Doors and Windows have no layer but the layer of the wall containing them. So Layer is not one of the possible filter criteria in reporting doors and windows. Yet Layer is one of the outputs. Why not have it as a filter possibility too?
Didrik, my friend. Forgive the impertinence of me asking for a third time, but PLEASE post your AC version in your profile. As you know from your many years with the product, things change with each version, and so if we do not know about which version you are asking a question or making a wish, none of us can give the exact answer you may want.

Find & Select and Schedule criteria have been improved dramatically in 13 and 14. As you can see in the attached screenshot, both allow you to filter your windows by the layer of the wall which contains them.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
didrik wrote:
A schedule can use Cut Fill Pen # as a filter but does not offer that as an output column.

A schedule can show the space number a person or piece of equipment is in, but cannot show the sq ft area it names.

While this can be done through SQL, how many are using the SQL connection? These capabilities might be added to the scheduling capability.
I cannot seem to find (AC14 here and earlier) a way to set a criteria or report the cut fill pen. Can you point me to the right spot?

The space number (zone) that an object is in is indeed reported... but the Element Schedules are not relational database queries, so while all info about the object, including its zone, can be reported - to obtain the data from the zone stamp requires a separate zone schedule. You have two options: you can automatically publish both schedule results via Publisher to CSV files and open them in your favorite database program and do the Join operation there and report the results, or (as you note) you can use the SQL Query (which is more awkward and has no formatting options, but can do the join).

I really do not see a priority for Graphisoft in adding relational capabilities to the Element Schedules (e.g., adding Joins, etc), if for no other reason than yours is the first request I've ever seen for it. No offense. I agree it would be nice.

For Mac people, the only option today is via publish-to-csv (or excel) and use Filemaker/etc to get what you are asking for. For Windows people, the ODBC connection allows a Microsoft Access database to automatically run the query, linked to the PLN file, and produce a PDF report that will update automatically if placed on a layout.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
Find & Select and Schedule criteria have been improved dramatically in 13 and 14. As you can see in the attached screenshot, both allow you to filter your windows by the layer of the wall which contains them.
Indeed you _are_ correct. I've never had any trouble with the Find & Select in that regard. It was the apparent filtering deficiency in the Schedule that therefore seemed puzzling. In a number of cases I have tried this and Layer _is_ missing from the pulldown as a means of filtering in Schedules. In many other recent cases, it's plainly there and works just fine.

Could this be related to certain main menu choices disappearing when Objects are opened for editing, and then returning when the objects are closed?

In any case, wish withdrawn.