Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Schedules VIEW Setting Should have LAYER control

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Please, oh please, put the LAYER back into the Schedule Saved Views. Right now, with a bunch of schedules, I tend to use the CLONE feature... But I cannot alter the LAYER COMBO once a schedule VIEW is created.. so it's stuck with the original layers... Even tho I can GET CURRENT WINDOW SETTINGS and it DOES change the greyed out layer combo to the current schedule windows, upon closing and re-opening it is back to that original layer settings..

I am not sure WHY the layers are STUCK on the first set anyway... This should have been an editable option regardless.

(This is AC16... not sure if it's fixed in 17)...

Just to review, I need layer control for these reasons...

1. Going back and forth from plan to schedule, I need an appropriate set of layers to remain

2. While working in schedule, I need appropriate layers SHOWING and UNLOCKED (to edit elements)..
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
12 REPLIES 12
adamsb
Newcomer
I agree. For me this is especially frustrating when I'm trying to use my window schedule to view all the same size windows in 3d. If my layers don't show the windows when saved, I can't make a change in the schedule, or view them in 3d!

Of course, you could just make sure to re-save your view setting of the schedule once created, but having layer control would solve the problem much better.
AC21 64-bit
Mac OSX 10.12, 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 64 GB mem
Mac OSX 10.11, 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 32 GB mem
jakubc7
Advocate
Sorry to revive this topic in case it was fixed for v19 (I doubt though). This is a massive inconvenience.

I imagine it's a very simple fix for Graphisoft to allow layer combination change in schedules. My guess is that GS didn't see the benefit of having a layer combo assigned to a schedule and hence disabled this option.

Reading through this topic it is clear to see it's an essential need. Please fix.
ArchiCAD 10 - 25 | Windows 10
ARCHIcreate | Perth, Western Australia
archicad solutions | content creation | training | software implementation
Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree that this issue needs to be fixed. It should be a priority fix in ArchiCAD for GS to attend too to show they are actively supporting user feedback form advanced users.

I note this thread was started 3 years ago.

Doesnt seem too important to them. Perhaps they are working on some new feature that has limited impact on the time it takes to pull together a set of complex and content rich documents.

If I was GS I would be doing studies on and recording command clicks within large documentation projects. Studying it and reviewing how settings can be speed up so that the interface can be streamlined. There would surely be numerous instances where improvements could be made. LESS TIME MAKING DOCUMENTS = MORE PROFIT FOR USERS. IT ALL ADDS UP in large 20 sheet plus drawing sets. Im involved in 100+ some projects would be 500+