BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Search Bar for every AC function

gavinNZz
Advocate

Why is is so hard to implement a search bar for all AC functions? One field that filters all AC functions as you type in it. This type of search functionality has been around for years in other software. Unreal engine provides it on the RMB click. I have never seen an unreal tutorial where the user is scrolling endless menus!

This has got to be one of the lowest hanging fruit in the AC development tree. Just give the task to a junior coder and it will be done by the end of the week!

Maybe use some of the time being spent on building forms asking us what we don't like about the product you are selling us.

Planworks Ltd
Residential Designer based in Tauranga, NZ
Archicad v9+
VR enthusiast.
Always wants more!
3 REPLIES 3
DGSketcher
Legend

There is a search function under help on the macOS version of AC which I use in my more forgetful moments. 

You have no signature so I don’t know if the above option is relevant to you. 

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Yeah, but it's not working on Windows.

Under the Nemetschek umbrella e.g. Cinema 4D has this feature by pressing Shift+C, it's really handy. 

+1 for this feature request!

odv.hu | actively using: AC25-27 INT | Rhino6-8 | macOS @ apple silicon / win10 x64
Benjamin Dani
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Dear All,

Thank you for sharing your ideas and opinions regarding this request!

I'm glad to say that we took notice and we have added this wish into our Wish list database.
(For future reference, you can refer to it as WISH-12574)

I hope we see this get implemented in the future.

Have a great day!

Best regards,

Dani Benjamin
Technical Support Engineer

Learn and get certified!