Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Section Depth with 3 differne t Pen Assignments

Currently the Section window allows a depth cue with one pen setting. This should be expanded to allow for 3 distinct depth cues and 3 pens.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Agree,
sometimes it's needed more pens instead one that we have.
But you forgot to say wich 3 pens you need (means why exactly 3)?
Anonymous
Not applicable
3 would be enough to get a reasonable amount of variation in line thickness depending on depth. At the moment I have "one pen for all elements" in distant area set to pen 1 (0.05mm) but more variation would be helpful.
Automatic pen variation as it stands is less than useful, with seemingly random colours assigned.
TomWaltz
Participant
A while back I posted a wish for variable pen alteration, like:
1) at 10'-0" from section cut, subtract 1 from the current pen
2) at 15'-0" from section cut, subtract 2 from the assigned pen
3) use offsets in cut plane to control both distance offset and view range!!
Tom Waltz
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
I think this would be great. I agree that 3 depth cues would be enough for most things that I do but I would like to be able to put a jog in the depth cue lines like we can in the section line. It happens quite often particularly in Elevation views that 1 line depth is fine for some of the building elements but might cut right through the middle of another element that would be better shown in one pen setting. Maybe this is a different wish but I thought I would like others comments on this.

Thanks,
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions