BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Section Elevations for interior elevations

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would really like to see a section elevation object which has 4 sections/elevations. Each one could be turned on or off as needed. This way the proper symbol could be displayed on the floor plan and we could also have live model interior elevations to work with or unlink as necessary. Right now I use a interior elevation symbol to show on the floor plan and a section elevation on a hidden layer that I use on the layout sheet. I must say however that after upgrading from ArchiCad 6.5 there has been a vast improvement in productivity. Lets keep the improvements coming!
3 REPLIES 3
Aussie John
Newcomer
yes!! and lets exposé style them so they tile on the screen so can see all four elevaions at once
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
A better way to produce interior elevations is essential.

The question here is whether to add interior elevation features to the section tool or treat it as a separate function like the detail tool. I'm sure most people used use the section tool for details (perhaps some still do) before the detail tool arrived and I am glad to have them separate.

I am inclined toward the idea of a separate tool. It seems that this would give the programmers greater freedom to make it work exactly as it should instead of having to make compromises to fit it into the section tool and it would avoid further complicating the section tool with added features and options.

Of course this point of view fits with my other (larger) wish "The new working environment" (http://www.graphisoft.com/community/archicad-talk/viewtopic.php?t=864) in which each kind or drawing would have its own view type.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am just trying to bring this wish alive again. I think a separate tool would be the solution as well. Opening all of the interior elevation that are derived from a single marker in one window I think would be beneficial to help reduce the number of views/drawings we need to have. They do however need to be live linked so this is obviously an issue that needs to be worked out. Not only would the marker need to have the four primary elevations, but it would also need the ability to define elevations at any other angle as well and a smart enough marker to accomplish this
Learn and get certified!