BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Section lines able to show different marker type each end

Paul King
Advisor
Common / best practice in my part of the world (i.e. the thinking part) when denoting small/short sections is to NOT have a reference marker at each end of section line, but to have a reference marker bubble at one end and a directional tab marker (rectangle, arrow head or similar) at the other end .

Currently, you can only switch off one end, or have two ends the same - Both options look pretty substandard in this context

Can we please fix this?
PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop
5 REPLIES 5
Erika Epstein
Booster
There is on in the US libraries called Section Marker_NCS 12(there is has been versions for prior ACs as well).
You can download the US library appropriate for your OS and see if it works.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Paul King
Advisor
Erika wrote:
There is on in the US libraries called Section Marker_NCS 12(there is has been versions for prior ACs as well).
You can download the US library appropriate for your OS and see if it works.
Hi - from what I can see Section Marker_NCS 12 also can only either display both end markers the same... or switch one end off - still no way to have a different marker each end?

Am I missing something?

screen shot of what I have in mind below (common industry convention for short sections where two full marker ends is unwieldy. The rectangle would be placed over the cut element(s) & stretched to length:

This form of marker is regularly used to reference sectional details by (non-ArchiCAD) practices over here.

Cheers
sectionmarker.JPG
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop
Erika Epstein
Booster
No, different ends. It can look like the attached.
Section Part Marker NCS .jpg
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Paul King
Advisor
Wow. I must be going blind! "Flip Marker" indeed seems to generate that result, though what that end tag has to do with flipping I don't know.

This is a step in the right direction, but more control needed of that "flip" marker end (imho) - e.g. elongated stretchy rectangle as shown in my screen shot

Cheers
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Paul wrote:
Wow. I must be going blind! "Flip Marker" indeed seems to generate that result, though what that end tag has to do with flipping I don't know.
Paul:

The "Flip Marker" option just changes which end is the head and which is the tail, otherwise the marker is the same.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!