Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Segmentation

Mauhaus
Contributor
When using shells, complex profiles and partly terrains containing arced lines the resulting curved faces are broken into segments. This behavior creates 3d views with jagged contours, where they were supposed to be smooth. It also creates sections and elevations with an uncontrollable segmentation of arced contours, which makes it difficult to use them in developing the documentation drawings. I don't want to convert to morph geometry and increase the segmentation for many reasons.
On the top of my wishlist there is a rather heavy alteration of the software language/coding, but it will produce much nicer 3d views, documentation drawings, but most importantly it will be much more precise.
Thomas Mau

AC25 INT Denmark

www.mauhaus.dk

iMac Retina 5K 27" 2017 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7 - 40 Gb 2400 MHz DDR4 ram - OSX 10.12.6 - Radeon Pro 580 8192 mb

The world has enough for everyone's need, but not for everyone's greed - Mahatma Gandhi
2 REPLIES 2
Paul King
Advisor
Mauhaus wrote:
When using shells, complex profiles and partly terrains containing arced lines the resulting curved faces are broken into segments. This behavior creates 3d views with jagged contours, where they were supposed to be smooth. It also creates sections and elevations with an uncontrollable segmentation of arced contours, which makes it difficult to use them in developing the documentation drawings. I don't want to convert to morph geometry and increase the segmentation for many reasons.
On the top of my wishlist there is a rather heavy alteration of the software language/coding, but it will produce much nicer 3d views, documentation drawings, but most importantly it will be much more precise.
I think that meshes, roofs, shells etc should be intrinsically be defined mathematically with NURBS rather than polygons - with flat surfaces just being one special case. This would solve so many problems with display of curved elements
PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop
Anonymous
Not applicable
100% Agree I've been having issues that has translate in extra hours of work because of this.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=51337