Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Selectable Marquee Coluor

Balazs Simonyi
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
StuartJames wrote:
TurboGlider wrote:
All part of Magic wand tool don't change color too white. This work i AC7, is there someone who has a solution for this?
And don't say that I should have white background, I've no response for that in our company.
This is an official reason for NOT having black backgrounds (do a search - it has been discussed before). Maybe one day we'll have an option to select 'marquee colour' in the same way that we can choose grid & selection dots' colours. Balasz where are you??

Also a white background is not very useful - you can't see (sic) white objects drawn on it. Many experienced archicad users find an off-white background to be the most productive way of working.

HTH - Stuart
AC9 - Black background - Magic wand tool - bug?
7 REPLIES 7
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I've often thought about being able to choose the marquee colour, I think this is more of a 'nice to have' but not essential.

I suppose if it's easy to implement, then I think it'd be worth including.

I'd like to see other improvements made to the marquee first, like being able to stretch or curve an edge and also filtering (so a marquee will only move/stretch certain elements (like all walls). This can't be done through find and select or select all with 'wal' selected. But that's for another discussion perhaps.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Anonymous
Not applicable
"James B" wrote:
I've often thought about being able to choose the marquee colour, I think this is more of a 'nice to have' but not essential.

The problem is when you choose black background, all markers got white, but the Magic Wand tool are only a part of it who get white, the rest is still black, weird.
I'm not need a tool to choose colour of markers, but with black background it can't be black
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
TurboGlider wrote:
The problem is when you choose black background, all markers got white, but the Magic Wand tool are only a part of it who get white, the rest is still black, weird.
I'm not need a tool to choose colour of markers, but with black background it can't be black
I get it now. It's a consistancy thing.
if background = black then marquee = inverse (ie white)
if background does not equal black then marquee = black

Yep, I'm for that.

EDIT: I just did it in AC8.1 and it seems ok. Is this just a problem with AC9? Also, ALL cursors should inverse if the background is black.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Anonymous
Not applicable
James wrote:
EDIT: I just did it in AC8.1 and it seems ok. Is this just a problem with AC9? Also, ALL cursors should inverse if the background is black.
Yes, it works in previously versions, but I can't get it work correct in AC9.

/Tobias
__archiben
Booster
TurboGlider wrote:
Yes, it works in previously versions, but I can't get it work correct in AC9.
tobias

in Options>Preferences>Miscellaneous you should have the option for 'automatic pen colour visibility adjustment'. is this checked (turned on)?

HTH
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
~/archiben wrote:
in Options>Preferences>Miscellaneous you should have the option for 'automatic pen colour visibility adjustment'. is this checked (turned on)?
Yes, and this is what I get with white / black background. Or is it just here at our office we have this problem?

/Tobias
marque.jpg
Djordje
Ace
TurboGlider wrote:
Yes, and this is what I get with white / black background. Or is it just here at our office we have this problem?
Your problem is the black background. Read some on ergonomics.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen