BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Separate Menus from Toolbars in the Work Environment Setting

Anonymous
Not applicable
Upgrading a custom Work Environment to a new version of ArchiCAD is a pain in the neck if you use custom toolbars.

I would like to be able to update to the new menus while retaining custom tool bars. Since the two are combined in the same category of the WE this is presently impossible. In my case this has meant simply giving up on custom tool bars. I know others painstakingly reconstruct their tool bars with each upgrade.

This seems an unnecessary waste of time or loss of function as it should be simple to separate the two to allow them to be saved and loaded independently.

I'm pretty sure this has been on the wishlist before but I didn't find it with a quick search so...
3 REPLIES 3
Tom Krowka
Booster
Totally agree. It usually takes me three - four hours at least to get set back up w/ custom toolbars. Overall seems like a small chunk of time but time is $$$$$ in our profession. C'mon GS, the major upgrades are nice but small upgrades to simplify various tedious methods would be nice too. After all, the devil is in the details, right?
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am one of the users who painstakingly go through this routine with each new release!
Essential!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Very much essential!

Older wish posted here equally well supported - http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=191953
Learn and get certified!