BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Separate nav. speeds in 2D & 3D windows for SpaceNavigator

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm loving that we now have 2D navigation support for the SpaceNavigator. Thanks GS!

But now, in my search for SN->AC perfection, I'm finding the 2D window navigation speed too fast, when I have the 3DConnexxion speed set to what I like in the 3D window. Unfortunately, 3DConnexxion profiles are per application, not per window, so I can't set up 2 different profiles (and hence, speeds) for each of the 2D & 3D windows.

I'd like GS to add a "2D/3D speed ratio slider" widget to AC, so that would allow, say, the 2D window to be user-set to half/third/quarter/etc the navigation speed of the 3D window. That way, the overall sensitivity can be controlled via 3DConnexxion profiles, but still maintain different speeds in 2D and 3D.

Please vote!
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone else finding that a separate speed setting for the 2D Plan View and 2D Section View windows would be a good idea too?
Anonymous
Not applicable
NOTE:
A workaround for this has just been posted in the following thread:
archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=31995

It allows you to tune the behaviour of the SpaceNavigator, separately for both 2D and 3D windows.

Yay!
Anonymous
Not applicable
However....
Despite the fix for the 2D plan/section/elevation windows, we still need to have another separate speed for a Layout window. An acceptable 2D speed is still WAY too fast for use in the layout window.
Learn and get certified!