BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Show selection on 2D

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wish:

Option to show in 2D an element selected in 3D or section/elevation.

Sometimes you discover an element you don't really know who, where and why was drawn by you/your college when working. Finding this element on plan view is sometimes tricky so a shortcut to zoom to this element directly would be nice.

AC_2D.jpg
3 REPLIES 3
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I understand the need for this, but what if they are on multiple stories? How would you see this being handled in the interface?

Cheers,
Link.
Already possible...unfortunately with one step in between (some say breaks the fluency of the workflow but...) - the selection palette and temporary selection made in any window than restored in the other.
The glitch is that the selection must be visible in the second viewpoint to execute the selection restoration.

Best Regards,
Piotr
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I like this wish, I think it would be useful. I remember instances when I would have needed this ability.

I think the way it could work in case multiple elements are selected is it would go to the home story of the last selected element and would select only those elements of the original 3D selection that are visible on that Story.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!