Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Showing Zones in Section views

TomWaltz
Participant
I would like to be able to display the Zone Name/Number of any rooms that are cut through by a section marker.
Tom Waltz
42 REPLIES 42
TomWaltz
Participant
Laura wrote:
Matthew wrote:
I think I've come up with a better idea. At my present client's offices we are using library parts as room names that display the zone name and number. While sadly limited in ways that a few globals or a simple request function could fix, this is very handy for placing different tags for the same room in the floor plan, enlarged plan, and ceiling plan. If the zones were active in sections then they could work there as well.
So, Matthew, are you saying you place three different tags in each room (one each for floor plan, enlarged plan, and ceiling plan)?
I had written an object like that some time ago that you can place inside a zone and it could read the Zone it was in and show the name and number. (That was before SuperZone, which I liked a lot better than placing multiple objects).

I never did get a way to work in section or to move independently in Ceiling Plans.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laura wrote:
Matthew wrote:
I think I've come up with a better idea. At my present client's offices we are using library parts as room names that display the zone name and number. While sadly limited in ways that a few globals or a simple request function could fix, this is very handy for placing different tags for the same room in the floor plan, enlarged plan, and ceiling plan. If the zones were active in sections then they could work there as well.
So, Matthew, are you saying you place three different tags in each room (one each for floor plan, enlarged plan, and ceiling plan)?
Well, technically speaking, it's my clients that are doing this. This is primarily driven by their need to have different information in the different plans. But it also has the advantage of allowing each room tag to be placed according to the graphic needs of each drawing.

BTW, Tom what's this SuperZone?
TomWaltz
Participant
Matthew wrote:
BTW, Tom what's this SuperZone?
That's my Zone object that sells on ObjectsOnline. It is movable at different scales, allows for different text at each scale (like abbreviating rooms and such), and allows for several lines of text among other things.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sections should appear with room names automatically. This would would be controlled by the zone tool.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Great idea! This would save a lot of time!
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Yes -- a great idea -- and the wish can be found here:

archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=1321&highlight=
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
owen
Newcomer
ok .. hands up the 5 people who voted 'Average'. Do you even use the Zone tool?
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
__archiben
Booster
Laura wrote:
Matthew wrote:
the tread's a bit old now, but this something i've just accomplished with the new floor plan option in archicad 11.
n  = request("Floor_Plan_Option", "", fpo)
combined with basic scale sensitivity i've got four 'states' of zone stamp - floor plan, ceiling plan, detailed floor plan, detailed ceiling plan . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
the tread's a bit old now, but this something i've just accomplished with the new floor plan option in archicad 11.

Code:
n = request("Floor_Plan_Option", "", fpo)

combined with basic scale sensitivity i've got four 'states' of zone stamp - floor plan, ceiling plan, detailed floor plan, detailed ceiling plan . . .
ok, this is an old thread but AFAIK they still haven't implemented the ability for zones to show in section. Ben would you mind elaborating on how to implement the code you've outlined above? I'm clueless when it comes to GDL
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
It would seem this new GRID tool that shows in 3d, plan and section / elev could supply the technology needed for room names to appear in sections..

Actually, should be a slam dunk! (hypothetically speaking)..
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop