Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Sketch Object/Marker

runxel
Legend
I'd like to see a marker tool, where I can sketch things out (think the sketch tool from Grasshopper or the grease pencil of Blender).
Of course this should be linkable to objects, BUT also usable without linking (even more important imho).

Sometimes, especially for us architects, it is way easier to sketch something fast than putting a red bubble around it and explaining with words what's wrong or should be done differently.

The "delete guides" eraser tool already makes fun 😉
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
3 REPLIES 3
Podolsky
Ace
How do you imagine sketching process? Is it tool, that supports touchscreen pencil? The problem with touchscreen pencil, that most people are not running ArchiCAD on touchscreen computers. Maybe that will change and most of the computers in the world will be touchscreen.
The power of grease tool in Blender, that it gives possibility to mix 2D traditional animation with 3D model.

I always was using simple lines, fills and text to sketch my mark-ups. There is also hand drawn spline tool available - that follows movement of the mouse.
If talk about sketching in 3D - you can use morph for that - it quite flexible to sketching in 3D.
runxel
Legend
Podolsky wrote:
The power of grease tool in Blender, that it gives possibility to mix 2D traditional animation with 3D model.
And it works great even with a traditional mouse....
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
jl_lt
Ace
Would it be something you can include in the change manager? or is it a direct drawing 2d tool specific to a set view either in 2d or 3d?
If any or both of the answers are affirmative i would find it EXTREMELY useful