Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Sketches with color on the surfaces

Anonymous
Not applicable
I want to get sketches with color on the surfaces. I want the material color to show up with the option of turning on vectoral hatching. Why wouldn't this be an option? We wanted to keep as much in Archicad instead of taking the file to another program for touch ups.

Thanks,
Michele
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Piranesi is quick and easy once you get the hang of it and the output can be very nice.

It does just what you are talking about.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Another program to buy. We bought AV works and 3 months latter the new version of Autocad has something like it included in it. That was a waste of money. And we do have Piranesi. It works for us. But why do we have to pay something extra to get something to work. Are we exspecting too much????

Thanks,
Michele
Dwight
Newcomer
I sympathize with you about what seems like a simple enough function.

Graphisoft could implement the LightWorks Sketch Engine that would address color and edges as you like.

However, something like this is easy enough to do in two steps, merging a solid OpenGL view with a squiggle line rendering in Photoshop, leaving you with all sorts of great editing filter options.

Don't say that you don't have Photoshop? Pity.

The attached is jus a rudimentary example.
Dwight Atkinson