BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Slab acting as a roof

Anonymous
Not applicable
It would be so great if a slab could act as a roof if needed.

it is very annoying that it is not possible to place a pyramid skyllight in the
center of the ridge.

When I make flat roofs I often need to place pyramid skylights but it is only possible when making a roof and not a slab. And the roof can not be made 0 degrees (flat roof), so therefor the pyramid is not placed in right posistion..
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
mallehk wrote:
When I make flat roofs I often need to place pyramid skylights but it is only possible when making a roof and not a slab. And the roof can not be made 0 degrees (flat roof), so therefor the pyramid is not placed in right posistion..
Would you ever want a truly flat roof?
Wouldn't you want at least a slight fall for the rain to run off in the direction you want it to go?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
stefan
Expert
Barry wrote:
mallehk wrote:
Would you ever want a truly flat roof?
Wouldn't you want at least a slight fall for the rain to run off in the direction you want it to go?

Barry.
Flat roofs all have a slope, yet the majority of models simply represent them as fully flat: easier to model, easier to draw and that's the way most projects document it still.

Why not merge the Slab and roof tool and let the user decide on what to call it (tag it)?
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Barry Kelly
You can't model a multi-plane roof as flat - must have at least a 1° pitch - makes sense as it has to have hips, valleys and ridges.

But you can model a single roof plane at 0°.
Then just edit the polygon to suit the plan shape you need.

Skylights seem to work fine.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!