Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Slab custom edge improvements

Ro-Ra
Booster

Slabs currently have options for custom edges in 3d. What would be very useful are more options for edge display in 2d such as:

- Different line types for different edges (visible/overhead)

- Different story level display for different edges

- Ability to completely hide a certain edge on certain/all story levels

The last feature would be very useful where you want to only show internal holes of a slab in 2d (incl. dwg export) without showing the outer contours of the slab which may align with wall contours but are visible in exported dwgs. Currently the workaround is drawing a 2d polyline to represent internal holes for stairs, shafts, etc.

This new feature would synergize well with the opening tool (incl. renovation filter) if the slab was set to show on home story & one story below and then the outer edge would be set to be completely hidden.

If meshes were to allow for custom edges as in slabs (discussed in my other post here) then it would be incredible to have this same feature for meshes as well.

See image below on where this feature would appear.

SLABS_CustomEdgeImprovements.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello,

Thank you very much for sharing this great idea!

I am happy to say we took notice of this wish and I have added it to our Wish List database (please refer to it as IDEA-4521). Hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future.

I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT