Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Slabs and other 3d objects should better interact with other objects in plan view (in general)

Ro-Ra
Booster

AC introduced in a recent version of beams showing up as hidden lines below slabs. I think it's a good first step and there are lots more remaining to do as you've seen in my recent other posts!

So far, beams have the ability to define all 4 categories of lines: hidden, overhead, uncut, and cut. I think this should be consistently applied to other types of objects as well (i.e. stairs, walls, roofs, etc.) where one or a few categories of line types are missing. For example, slabs have only 2 categories: outlines and hidden lines. There should be 3 categories at least (outlines, hidden, overhead lines), possibly even a 4th (cut lines) if the floor plan cut plane is located inside a slab.

Then you've got interactions with other objects, such as roofs, beams, stairs, other slabs that are above/below the current slab. As a result, different line types should be displayed for different situations.

I feel as though MVO is not a good place to define this but rather element-by-element because these properties are defined there as well. If the user really wants to overwrite all properties in a view then it might be a good idea to add more options in Graphic Overrides and with more line types (cut, hidden) in addition to (drafting, cut, skin seperator line).

It would synergize well with this wish which was approved:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Wishes-forum/Selectively-overwriting-line-types-drafting-cut-ski...

1 REPLY 1
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello,

Thank you for sharing the idea, we truly appreciate the time you've taken to contribute towards the development of the software!

I'm glad to say that we took notice and we have added this wish into our Wishlist database.
(For future reference, you can refer to it as IDEA-11861)

I hope we see this get implemented in the future.
Have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT