BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Slabs with different line properties

Anonymous
Not applicable
It would be quite handy to be able to change certain sections of a slab line to be able to have different line properties.
I've attached two images which hopefully illustrate what I mean, the slab was drawn using the line tool.
I feel this could help cut down lines and layers needed to put out a 3d that works and a plan that is accurate.

Question.jpg
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
This would nix the work around of tracing with lines and turning off your slab layer. Sounds good to me. I would also like to be able to assign different materials for each edge.
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can make the edges have different material assignments with SOE by putting an object just touching the slab edge and making the slab inherit the operators properties but if you have a complex slab it can get quite tricky and time consuming... good call.
Geoff Briggs
Mentor
If it’s good for slabs, and it is, then it’s good for roofs too. This would be useful when one roof partially overlaps another. Is it too much to hope that GS fixes the problem of coincident dashed lines not lining up? All these things are needed to avoid drafting over slabs and roofs. Thanks for the good wish.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would like to be able to assign Model Pen to a slab - like with walls, etc. It is not very convenient to have the same pen for plan and 3d view.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes to every thing here!

Especially the separate pens for Plan & Model views.

It would be nice to have slabs and roofs able to represent themselves properly in plan instead of being shuffled off to the 3D only ghetto.
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Yep, this is a good one...
::rk
Anonymous
Not applicable
magic wand a fill on the upper slab

fill - 45 degree hatch, thick white pen fore, transparent background

result - lower slab dashed

not ideal but reasonably efficient

bill
Anonymous
Not applicable
This method does work but its one more step to create an a plan off a 3d when both should work in conjunction. What happens if you change your scheme... it means stretching the slab and then having to magic wand your fill again, and then the scheme changes again? This wish was so that some portions of a slab/roof line could be solid and some dashed and creating fills or other 2D elements to represent that is quite autocad.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Paul wrote:
This method does work but its one more step to create an a plan off a 3d when both should work in conjunction. What happens if you change your scheme... it means stretching the slab and then having to magic wand your fill again, and then the scheme changes again? This wish was so that some portions of a slab/roof line could be solid and some dashed and creating fills or other 2D elements to represent that is quite autocad.
Your wish is clearly widely desired and approved. Bill was just suggesting a work around for now.
Learn and get certified!