BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Smart Zone

Anonymous
Not applicable
It would be great to have a Zone tool that you place once and then could manipulate its setting by the model view options about what it displays.
I have to constantly duplicate zones for different plan layouts (ie - Floor Plan, Reflected Ceiling plans & Finishes and Accessories plans.) This just dosen't seem to be very productive and can lead to errors if anything changes and all zones aren't updated.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have a look at Masterscript's total zone:
http://www.masterscript.nl/01/product.php?id_product=35

Regards,
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is great! I wish it came standard with Archicad.
sityu
Booster
Looking good.
But a useful feature is missing: a connector line between the anchor point of the zone and the zonestamp.
It happens often when the zonestamp doesn't fit in the room, it is needed to draw a connector line.
It could be automatic: when the zonestamp is placed out of the room, the connector line should appear.
Why is this essential? Of course it's not essential (you can draw a line manually), but it would be more comfortable to have an automatic feature like this. Because if you move the zonestamp, you have to move the line manually, also; and this is not a big job, but with several zones, it could be forgotten.

Actually I could write a zonestamp gsm script for this feature, if I could get the coordinates of the anchor point and the zonestamp in the gdl script.
Talmácsi, István, architect (AC user since 1997, ac4.5 - now: ac18)
Learn and get certified!