Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Smarter Alignment/Distribute commands

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I wish that when we align/distribute elements ArchiCAD was smarter.

For example: I might want to align the text of Labels. When aligning the command considers the bounding box of the whole Label element so when I align to the left, it will align the point of the label leader line and not the Label texts.
Or, I might want many of my Zone Stamps to align horizontally or vertically. However, the align and distribute commands act upon the whole Zone polygon, and not the Zone Stamp text block. I can also imagine cases where I want to align the Zone Reference point (marked with a little + sign) so I can see all of them in a line and not have to look searching for them. So it would be great to be able to align those.

I could imagine an Align/Distribute Options Dialog, in which I could set which part of certain element types the align/distribute command should work on.
E.g.: whole zone polygon, zone placement point, zone stamp bounding box
Or: whole label bounding box, label leader line point, label text only.
there might be other element types this could be useful for, such as Door/Window Marker sill text, width/height text.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
0 REPLIES 0