Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Snaps at ALL wall skins!

Anonymous
Not applicable
One of the things that I find most inconvient on a daily basis is not having snaps at all the layers (skins) of a composite. If this wish has already been posted than I'm sorry. Small wish but important.
14 REPLIES 14
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Couldn't agree more. Every skin a t every intersection!

Nothing bewilders new users and frustrates experienced users more!

Cheers,
Link.
Geoff Briggs
Mentor
Essential.

Let me also use this opportunity to reiterate another common and related wish for a Core Only Display Option. When in a framing state of mind how wonderful it would be to hide all the finish layers.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Anonymous
Not applicable
Geoff wrote:
Let me also use this opportunity to reiterate another common and related wish for a Core Only Display Option...
Doubly Essential!
Anonymous
Not applicable
This may go without saying, but this would also require zoom sensitivity so that you would only snap to the internal nodes when you can actually see what you are doing.
Djordje
Ace
Mark wrote:
One of the things that I find most inconvient on a daily basis is not having snaps at all the layers (skins) of a composite. If this wish has already been posted than I'm sorry. Small wish but important.
I must be running some other ArchiCAD then ... snaps for me. Checkmark at the corner. Not the Mercedes, though.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Yes - you're on DreamerCAD, only available in the UAE, where all walls intersect perfectly and multistory windows can be split perfectly in half and shown on each story.

Try it at a T intersection, Djordje. Use composite walls & try and find checkmarks at every skin intersection. If you can pull it off with regular ArchiCAD, I'll catch the next plane over and buy you a beer!

Cheers,
Link.
Djordje
Ace
Link wrote:
Yes - you're on DreamerCAD, only available in the UAE, where all walls intersect perfectly and multistory windows can be split perfectly in half and shown on each story.
It's not what you do, it's the way that you do it.
Link wrote:
Try it at a T intersection, Djordje. Use composite walls & try and find checkmarks at every skin intersection. If you can pull it off with regular ArchiCAD, I'll catch the next plane over and buy you a beer!
Just did and it works. Sorry. Might be because mine is not a US version. Don't waste the fare.
Djordje

HP Omen
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
It's not what you do, it's the way that you do it.
I was just kidding mate.

I just tried this on my International version (8.1.0 R2 2242) and got nada. Here's where I'd like to see checkmarks appear:

Cheers,
Link.
Checkmarks-a-Plenty.jpg
Djordje
Ace
Link wrote:
I just tried this on my International version (8.1.0 R2 2242) and got nada. Here's where I'd like to see checkmarks appear:
Here's where I got them; where you do depends very much on the composite(s) used and the intersection method.

So, Mark - are there no checkmarks AT ALL or not WHERE YOU WANT THEM? Two very different things
Djordje

HP Omen