Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Snaps at ALL wall skins!

Anonymous
Not applicable
One of the things that I find most inconvient on a daily basis is not having snaps at all the layers (skins) of a composite. If this wish has already been posted than I'm sorry. Small wish but important.
14 REPLIES 14
Ben Cohen
Enthusiast
I am with you Djordje, works just like you said. Funny this one has never been a issue for me strange
Ben Cohen
Mac and PC
Archicad (Latest Version) aus
www.4DLibrary.com.au
Anonymous
Not applicable
How does this work for you guys? No matter what I only get snaps on one side of my core at T intersections. I must know! Thanks
Ben Cohen
Enthusiast
Sorry Mark I have no idea why it works on my system, but I tried it again. I have a composite wall with five different skins and I get snaps on all intersections. kind of weird really
Ben Cohen
Mac and PC
Archicad (Latest Version) aus
www.4DLibrary.com.au
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
On my computer the program snaps to the intersections of each skin and the reference line of the other wall. But where a skin of one wall and the same skin of the other wall meet, I can not snap to that point.
Laszlo
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply's. Don't get me wrong, I get lots of snaps. But when I'm doing quick interior wall layouts I constantly find myself having to do the math in my head to add the thickness of a wall to the desired inside to inside dimension because all my dimensions are from framing (core) to framing and I only get snaps on one side! I posted a screen shot of where I get snaps and where I want them. If there is some way to get these let me know. Thanks guys!
snaps2.jpg