Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Special snap point?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!

The only thing I missed in ArchiCad from AutoCad is a tool there I could divide a polyline (from start to end) into for example 10 pieces. If I use "Special snap point" tools in ArchiCad on lines that are grouped togehter or on a polyline, I only got divisions on one line at time. Is there a way in ArchiCad or a plugin, where I could divide a complete polyline?

/Tobias
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi TurboGlider,
I am a little bit unsure what you mean,

may be you try to explode the polyline that get the result of what you trying to achieve, divided polyline.

you could press "alt =" for explode tool. and you could decide to keep drawing primative only or keep the original elements too.

Hope the result is what you are hoping to get.
Anonymous
Not applicable
That's not what Turboglider means, Starchi. He wants to divide the total length of a polyline, not individual segments, using special snap points. This works with Splines, why not implement it with Polylines too.

The best I can suggest is using Element info to get length of polyline, then dividing length by number of divisions required, and using the "distance" method of divisions.