BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Standard settings for all ArchiCAD tools.

Geoff Briggs
Mentor
I gave a big thumbs up to Karl's poll question on fills for slabs and roofs. Meanwhile sam66 wants an elevation pen for slabs. And how many times has someone lamented the inability to show walls on adjacent stories?

So here's my wish: All the tools are updated so each has the same great set of attributes.

All the 3D tools would have Plan and Section pens and fills (with the option for composites of course), Elevation pen, and the options to show on other Stories.

All the 2D tools would have the show on other Stories options, including Text and Dimensions, plus fills for closed shapes, including Text boxes and Circles.

Please let your vote be counted.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
10 REPLIES 10
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Matthew wrote:
This is an interesting point. Trim to roof is fundamentally different than the SEOs. In the trim to roof the cutting planes become incorporated into the cut element so that the roof can be moved or deleted without affecting the cut whereas the SEOs (as I am sure everyone knows) maintain the relationship between the operators and operands (targets).

I have assumed that the trim to roof function is due to become a "legacy" feature, with the SEO expected to completely replace it eventually.

An interesting alternative to this would be to incorporate the function of trim to roof into the SEO by allowing the resulting operations to be embedded into the target elements.

I think this deserves it's own spin-off wish topic. (url to come)

Thanks Matthew

It would also be necessary to choose in the SEO (Solid Element Operatioons I presume) to include ojects in the element (like doors and windows in the operation or not. And possible weather to keep the link active between operator and target element.

This is such a powerful tool, which I use all the time. So hope to see it having more impact in the future.

Cheers.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Learn and get certified!