BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Story markers display options

Anonymous
Not applicable
In section and elevations it would be great to have the ability to select what stories are being displayed in the view (for the story markers), similarly to the grid tool visibility options in the sections and elevations.

Maybe also being able to auto stagger the story markers if the stories height are too close to each other, or the scale of the elevation is too small.
9 REPLIES 9
alemanda
Advocate
I think it is already implemented.
Go in the story settings and there you will find that option, story by story.
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
Anonymous
Not applicable
Unfortunately the setting you are referencing to is a global settings for all Elevations and Sections.

I need it to be adjustable for different Elevations and Sections for different areas of my model.
alemanda wrote:
dcerezo
Advocate
Man, I want to 2nd my vote for this feature. The more and more I get to know ArchiCAD, the more I'm surprised with its lack of ability to do very basic things. Given how robust it is in other areas, this seemingly small feature is (or lack thereof) is stunning.
ArchiCAD 26 - iMac 27, Late 2019, 3.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 32GB Ram, Radeon Pro 8GB, macOS Sonoma
alemanda
Advocate
vgodzb wrote:
Unfortunately the setting you are referencing to is a global settings for all Elevations and Sections.

I need it to be adjustable for different Elevations and Sections for different areas of my model.
alemanda wrote:
I see
You're right and I agree with you about this feature.
Win 10 Pro 64bit
www.almadw.it
Barry Kelly
You can't set which stories will be displayed as such but you can set a vertical range for your sections and elevations in the settings or info box for each section/elevation.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
dcerezo
Advocate
Barry wrote:
You can't set which stories will be displayed as such but you can set a vertical range for your sections and elevations in the settings or info box for each section/elevation.

Barry.
I don't see how that would help.
ArchiCAD 26 - iMac 27, Late 2019, 3.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 32GB Ram, Radeon Pro 8GB, macOS Sonoma
Barry Kelly
dcerezo wrote:
Barry wrote:

Barry.
I don't see how that would help.
Ah, you are talking about changing the actual storey markers so you can turn on/off the visibility for the individual levels.

Sorry I mis-read and thought you wanted to control the visibility of the entire storeys.

Personally I keep my storeys very simple - one storey per floor.
None of these intermediate foundation, ceiling, roof storeys.
I also don't use the built-in storey markers.
I have an object that can be adjusted to show the levels I want.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
runxel
Legend
I think GS already knows about this topic very well. It's a long-cherished wish.
We need to get even further here: There are so often instances where I need to have the marker not at the real endpoint.
This means not only we should control on which stories a marker appears, we also need to control on which story, on which side, on which point a marker should appear.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
alemanda
Advocate
yes ... more or less like we manage the grid lines in the sections ...
At the end the story marker is a gridline ... horizontal one.
the appearance of the story marker has to be set in the section's settings.
Win 10 Pro 64bit
www.almadw.it
Learn and get certified!