BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Styles implementation

Anonymous
Not applicable
Favorites lets you set pre-saved custom properties to the selected object.
Styles would let you change properties to all of the objects with a particular style.
Anyone familiar with MSWord's Paragraph Styles or Adobe Illustrator's Graphic Styles knows what I am talking about.

Use cases:
1. I have dozens of bathrooms in a project. I started out using a black tile for their pavement. But now I want an epoxy. I could change the slab style "bathroom's slab" to reflect material and composite.
2. Suddenly, I think it is better that all dimensions used for existing building text size to be 1,8mm instead of 2,0mm. These dimensions are scattered through plans, sections, elevations, details. With a dimension style, I could change whichever properties for the dimension tool and voila, all the dimensions for existing building (with a particular style) would be updated, while all the others would remain with 2,0mm.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think the dimension style and text style changing trough all the plans with one click is an excelent idea, is one of the few things I miss from my autocad days ("dimstyle" command and "style" command), I think revit has it too.
Changing style for other objects like slabs and walls would be interesting too.
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Saved styles is a nice to have, but I think for the time being find & select can accommodate most things.
I think styles would become a little restrictive (like Families in Revit) depending on it's implementation. If it's like Adobe InDesign where you can override parts of the style then this would be more flexible.
I'd like to see styles used for things like the appearance of schedules, appearances of 3d documents and text styles within a single text box (like character/paragraph styles in InDesign)...
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Anonymous
Not applicable
This would be great (assuming it were properly implemented of course).
Anonymous
Not applicable
in any software with more than basic text ability, styles are an essential component -- there is no better implementation of text layout tools than InDesign, but a feature set on that scale might be beyond Graphisoft's limited resources.
Learn and get certified!