Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Subdivision for Displacement

Anonymous
Not applicable
When Archicad subdivides material it creates long triangles that resemble a "broken mirror". Advanced rendering software packages like Thea Render and Maxwell require subdivided triangles or squares that have close to equal sides to accurately and efficiently generate displacement maps for materials.

I have had similar problem to those expressed in this post.
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?printertopic=1&t=38862&start=0&postdays=0&postorde...

This is clearly an Archicad deficiency since other modeling software packages take this into consideration and are therefore more highly regarded than Archicad in the Thea Render forums.
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
My vote on this
Anonymous
Not applicable
With displacement
Anonymous
Not applicable
Without displacement
Anonymous
Not applicable
в некоторых случаях помогает SubdivisionModifier
Удачи!
и эта проблема не Архикада, а Максвелла после версии 2.6
Barry Kelly
Sorry alex b, this is an English language forum.
Please make all post in english.

This is what I got from Bing translator.
in some cases, helps SubdivisionModifierGood luck!and the problem is not Maxwell's and Arhikada after version 2.6
I still don't understand it but it doesn't appear to be spam so I haven't deleted the post.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
Sorry alex b, this is an English language forum.
Please make all post in english.

This is what I got from Bing translator.
in some cases, helps SubdivisionModifierGood luck!and the problem is not Maxwell's and Arhikada after version 2.6
I still don't understand it but it doesn't appear to be spam so I haven't deleted the post.

Barry.
use SubdivisionModifier at Maxwell Studio
and this problem Maxwell after v. 2.6
Good Luck!
Anonymous
Not applicable
the problem is very topical because in excellent Visualizer well visible all imitation.
in nature there is almost no smooth surfaces
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's not archicad's problem. The rendering engine is the one that should make the subdivision at rendertime. If it doesn't, then either you haven't learn how to use it or it has bugs.
For such textures you should use bump mapping, it's much faster and it looks the same.
Anonymous
Not applicable
costingh wrote:
For such textures you should use bump mapping, it's much faster and it looks the same.
are you kidding!? (looks the same)