Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Sun Follow Camera

Anonymous
Not applicable
The ability to have the sun automatically stay at the same angle as the camera when "orbiting" around the building.

Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
This exists for QTVR objects, but I assume you mean as an option for setting up new cameras.

I imagine it would be an absolute/relative toggle in the camera settings. That way you could also switch back and forth, which would be nice.
Anonymous
Not applicable
To be really specified...when I'm in the 3D / All dbx, and press the 'Turn' button, and the camera "flies" around the house, I would like the sun to follow, that way I don't have to lighten up the house when I get to the dark side of it as I'm turning.
__archiben
Booster
this doesn't really help you much, but just for info:

archiCAD 9's lightworks engine has the ability to turn on a camera light (as well as sun, ambient and lamps). maybe this could (or should?) be extended to the openGL window . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Dwight
Newcomer
And a "workaround" for those of you not offended by the concept - of a workaround:

-- dial in a high ambient value and place the sun directly overhead with mid range strength and no cast shadows....

Or:

-- three key lights equally dispersed around the building - as you rotate, it will seem as if it is a tiny object in a photographer's studio
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Interesting tips. Thank you.
Red
Advocate
See the attached picture for my work around.
Thanks,
Red
i7 8700k
ROG Strix Z390-E MoBo
64gb RAM
EVGA GeForce GTX 2080
Newcomer
While the rendering engine default is low fog, I always turn fog off, perferring to let my sonorous voice handle obfuscation.

What sun ANGLE would you use with this setting? Or does it not matter?

And, Darn it all - folks shouldn't be using white light. There's no such thing as white. Try a little yellow sun and blue or mauve ambient if you want some life in your work.

California - Brown sun and Purple ambient.
New Zealand - Almost white sun and dark blue ambient.
Dwight Atkinson