Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Tag Elements as Indefinite

Anonymous
Not applicable
I often need to put something into a model knowing full well that it is probably not what, or where, it will eventually be after two or three iterations. There are kludges to differentiate what I am committed to from what I am not committed to, but in prelim. design, or in documenting proposed, or alternative revisions while a project is under construction, this need arises fairly frequently, and there is no real tool in ArchiCAD for making this kind of distinction.
For years, I have wanted ArchiCAD to offer some way to name and tag those items and their parameters, so nobody can mistake them for other items which have been fully reviewed and decided upon (what and where). I would like them to display differently and even print differently than fully resolved elements (maybe 'fuzzy' or grayed ?).
As a project manager, I would also like to be able to list, or schedule those "Indefinite" items, and edit their respective statuses from that list (ie: which parameters (presence/absence, length, height, location, ...) of the element/object are in question, and whether they are proposed (and perhaps by whom), or approved (and perhaps by whom), or resolved and fully adopted. The dialog boxes where this is presented might also offer to delete elements that are part of a proposal which is NOT ultimately accepted. I just finally got around to asking for it.
0 REPLIES 0