Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Team Leader Access

Anonymous
Not applicable
Team Leaders should be able to sign into the teamwork file at any time, without exclusive access, to make changes to the file (modify layer combinations, quickviews, etc.). It is a huge loss in time to require everyone to sign out of a drawing in order to allow the team leader to make a couple of changes.
15 REPLIES 15
TomWaltz
Participant
Millard wrote:
This has been changed in AC11! Now you have to have exclusive access to modify layer combinations! (Probably other things as well... I haven't had time to check).
No you don't. What are you talking about? I have people with Team Leader (non exclusive) editing Layer Combinations all day long.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, perhaps it's how I create a team leader PLC. In the past I've signed in as Team Leader without owning any part of the project and saved a TeamLeader PLC. I'll also verify that the Team Leader was signed in with leader access rights.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, my stupidity. I had signed in the Team Leader as a teammate!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am new to this forum. I had to find a way to express my frustration with the lack of access when signed in as Team Leader. I work for a small firm that cannot afford the time to have several people signing in and out all day to accommodate changes that arise. This means the person working as Team Leader has to work overtime hours even when not necessary to meet the deadline just to have exclusive access. Very irritating.
jp
Contributor
The team leader should be able to make changes without exclusive access. It is the team leader and if you don't know what you are doing, you should not be team leader. We use a lot of profiles and to make a change, everyone has to sign out. That's ridiculous. It's nice graphisoft is trying to prevent us from doing something stupid, but at some point you have to trust the person in charge of the project. Why not have a graphisoft person approve the changes the team leader want's to make as well? That's a ridiculous statement yes, but I find it just as ridiculous not to trust the team leader to make a change. If this is a programming issue, then maybe the items we want to edit without exclusive access should be available at sign in as well. Show a list of composits, and profiles etc, and let people sign them out to edit them.
Many Thanks, JP

John Peterson, AIA
Dalgliesh Gilpin Paxton Architects
Archicad 7-21 US
PC and iMac
Karl Ottenstein
This wish is resolved in TW2 in ArchiCAD 13: there is no longer a concept of exclusive access.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB