Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Teamwork

Anonymous
Not applicable
Teamwork handoffs. When you change workspace to release a layer, a view, or a story. You should be able to hand it off to a teammate that is signed in. so when they send and receive they automatically pick it up without having to go through send and receive and then change workspace and sign in again. on larger teamwork projects this could save hours every week.
5 REPLIES 5
TomWaltz
Participant
it could definitely be a lot easier!
Tom Waltz
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
whoever was voting 'important', you have to be kidding mate to not voting essential. it looks like you have not ever used current TW and signing-receiving-changing working space.
::rk
TomWaltz
Participant
I'm picky about voting "essential." To me, that means it's so important that it cannot even wait for the next release because something works so badly or incompletely and should be a priority over all other development.

Teamwork, as flaky as it can be and as much as I'll complain about it (sometimes at great length), at least technically it works.

I think Teamwork needs such a major overhaul that it would almost be better to throw out the existing system and start over.
Tom Waltz
Da3dalus
Enthusiast
I wouldn't mess with Teamwork TOO much... It may not be perfect, but it's the best multiuser system I've ever seen in a design software. I don't see Autodesk, Bentley, Adobe, Nemeschek, Microsoft, or even Apple coming close! I've assisted on several AutoCAD jobs where the team was begging for a similar solution, and I couldn't find anything other than to suggest ArchiCAD. Any improvements should NOT increase complexity.
Chuck Kottka
Orcutt Winslow
Phoenix, Arizona, USA

ArchiCAD 25 (since 4.5)
Macbook Pro 15" Touchbar OSX 10.15 Core i7 2.9GHz/16GB RAM/Radeon Pro560 4GB
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
personally, I thing that TW is only real 'killer' feature of AC at the moment. It is absolutely essential to take this further as it is a quite rare scenario having just one person working on whole docs these days. Especially when AC is supposed to handle scheduling and layouting within one file. A smooth communication is the bread and butter of our profession not talking about cooperation over the internet.
It is not just about the virtual building idea, it is about virtual team efforts to get that idea happened.
::rk